make it easier to customize your instances without having to create more objects:
1. set up room with 1 sprite sprCar and 1 object objCar, then put 3 instances of objCar in the room:
2. in objCar click on the Variable Definitions ellipsis:
3. click add and add a definition for the variable speed. all instances of objCar will inherit this speed by default:
4. now select one of the instances of objCar in the room, and click on Variables:
5. override the default speed set in the object definition, and manually set it to another value:
now test play. one car should move slower. this is useful and quicker for customizing enemy directions, speeds, health, strength, etc, without having to create more objects for each customization you want to make.